maandag 18 maart 2013

Weekly update

So this week was not as productive as I had hoped it would be. I spend this week working mostly on the hand animation. Next to that I worked a bit on a small prop on which I would like to test some texture mechanisms.

The hands.

Working on the hands this week was horrible. Somehow everything inside Maya broke and I just didn't know how I could get it to work properly again. This cost me so much time in the end. Eventually I just made a small animation for testing purposes. Even though there are still some troubles with the rig I at least can produce some animation clips now. This week we hope to be able to merge the animations inside our initial Mechanim animation blend tree. Once this works we have proven we can work with all the functionality we want to incorporate inside our final game.



The disco-jellyfish.

Halfway through the week a came across a fun BBC video on Youtube showing some strange deep-sea creatures. There was this Disco jellyfish and I decided at once to go and try to recreate its strange bioluminescence effect inside Substance Designer. It's not yet finished though I'm quitte keen on getting this to work shortly because the effects will be re-usable for other parts of the game.



 Hopefully this week will be a bit more productive. I aim to get some work done on my proposal.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten