vrijdag 8 maart 2013

Startup on the project


Hello world and welcome to my graduation blog. Here I will show you my weekly progress for the coming months. In this first post I will give an overview of what I have done the first couple of weeks of the projects.

But first a small introduction to the project. Together with two other students, Martijn Postma and Peter Klijn I will create a co-operative submarine simulator called ‘Submersion: The Adventures of the Pike!’. An adventure in which the players must work together to plug the leaking holes, wrestle numerous octopi, avoid giant rock formation and narrowly escape a host of different and exciting dangers! The end resulted is expected to be a playable product and a master thesis.

My role in this project will be that of lead 3D artist. I will focus mostly on the pipeline and try to work with some, to me, new technologies like the Mechanim animation system for Unity and Substances for interactive textures.

So what have we done until now?
Martijn managed to implement a first working prototype in the first week or so. It is still all just mock-up, but the main gameplay is already working, although still very rough.

I worked mainly on the 3D mock-ups of the ship and character.



Next to that I made some tests in Substance designer so we can see how it works exactly in unity and how the performance is (which to our shock was exceptionally well)


And finally in the past week I’ve been working on a mock-up for our character, and getting Mechanim to work inside our game. We have some starts on the animation though it still need loads of work. The principles do work though.

And that's it so far. Next week will be more focused on getting some order in my planning and supportive narrative. Also of course some more work on the mock-ups.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten